Bleeding

Writing isn’t what is inside the envelope that a mail carrier holds

it starts in the very soil where the subject stands; way back

when the earth nourished the plants that fed our ancestors

                                                                            a seedling, 

                                                                        raining,

                                                              harvesting,

                                                      preparing,

                                                                adding,

                                                                      mixing, 

                                                                                           losing,

   finding,

                                            delivering,


                                           interpreting.

Used to think of writing as a gift, carefully thought intentions,

Turns out to be a stir, 

       inside out,                                                     outside in.

A ritual with the constraints that we name.

Never studied anatomy

but I do know, I do feel like pouring my blood out.

From my veins, through my body, upon the page.

Words. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares

My therapist wants to know about my relationship with my country

People I hardly knew but still think about

Ojos de ópalo, corazón de ónix

You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.

Mirror of introspection